Electoral Activism & Leadership Academy
Classes begin at 9:30am on October 15th, 2016. All other classes will begin at 10:00am.
• Campaign Finance | Hannah Egerton | October 15, 2016 | Learn the technical nuts and bolts of campaign finance, including important rules and regulations.
• Becoming a Candidate/Petitioning | Jerry H. Goldfeder | October 22, 2016 | ABC’s of becoming a candidate, from the collection of a petition to the political defense of petitions in court. Considerations in deciding to run and declaring candidacy.
• Messaging | Eli Valentin | October 29, 2016 | Learn how to create a political message that supporters can identify with to mobilize voters and funders.
• Mobilization– Building a Base | Mike Nieves | November 5, 2016 | Become skilled at creating a volunteer base using community economic and political issues that affect the district where you are planning to run or manage a campaign.
• Fundraising and Ethics/Public Speaking | Jaime Estades | November 12, 2016 | Learn the art of fundraising and identifying strategies to help a candidate raise funding for their campaign.
• Press/Media Relations | Bob Liff | November 19, 2016 | Have you ever spoken in front of a television camera? Dynamic opportunities to role play and learn how to talk to the press.
• Campaign Management/Field Operations | Mike Nieves | December 3, 2016 | Steps of campaign operations from voter identification, mobilization of volunteers, direct voter contact, get out the vote, and Election Day operations.
• Technology and Social Media Techniques in Elections | Steve Kramer | December 10, 2016 | Do you know the rules for when and how to tweet, text, or phone bank? Do you know how to maximize the reach and effectiveness of your message?
• Election Plan | Eli Valentin | December 17, 2016 | Connect all the pieces and create a campaign election plan from beginning to end by synthesizing strategies and tactics.
**Classes and instructors subject to change.**
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 11
- Assessments Yes
Becoming A Candidate